Book Review: Colourful Notions by Mohit Goyal


Book Review: Colourful Notions by Mohit Goyal

*Publisher: Srishti Publishers Distributors *ISBN: *978-93-82665-80-9 *No of Pages: 194 *Cover: Paperback *Language: English *Genre: Fiction *Price: 175 *Rating: 3.5/5

My View:

One of my passions in life is to travel, not only to me but I think everyone wants to explore the hidden and best places of the world. So I was just desperate to read this book, and to be frank it doesn’t let me down. This is not just the book but I think it’s a travelogue of the author, after reading the book it’s my conclusion that it’s a real story of his life being portrayed as a fiction. 

The writing style of the author is simple, easy to understand also the storyline is gripping; character buildup is good and each character being given a proper importance. The story is all about adventure, friends, food and enthusiasm to enjoy the life. I bet and tell you that if you are a traveler you will learn lot of things from this novel.

Now the book is all about three different persons, Abhay the protagonist of the novel, Sashank his best and childhood friend (a food junky) and Sashank’s RJ girlfriend Unnati a girl with a beautiful voice. Each and every character is different from one another which make the book unique to read. The book motivates you to explore different places, try some new food, meet new peoples and know about them. The book is not all about travel, but the life of Abhay and Sashank’s mental dilemma to choose from two different situations in life is perfectly portrayed by the author.  

I highly recommend this light read, especially to those who love to travel, a book for today’s youth. The book has every ingredient to be a best seller, waiting for the part 2.

Blurb:

Would you give up your high-paying job and comfortable personal life to drive ten thousand kilometers across India? Just for fun!

Three twenty-somethings dare to do just that! While the two boys take turns to drive, the girl gives voice-over as they record their journey on a handy cam.

Ab, Sasha and Unnati are ordinary youngsters, rendered special by the feat they accomplish. As they recount their adventures, I crave to live their journey. They look at each other with a glint in their eyes, as if refurbishing those memories while narrating their spooky time at Bhangarh Fort, strange escapades at Wagah Border and Sundarbans, car breakdowns, wild animals, near-death experiences and highway robbers! It’s nothing less than crazy.
I doubted if I’d ever have the gumption to create such experiences. So I did the next best thing - I penned a book about them, and their roadtrip.

Colourful Notions is a journey of three young hearts on the Indian terrain and into the inner recesses of their souls, giving a new perspective to relationships, love and life.


Comments