Book Review: Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master by Sri M



Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master
Book Review: Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master by Sri M

My Rating: 4/5
My view:

People generally say’s, you should read the biography to know the real world faced by this personalities. I was randomly searching on the net and came across this book; I thought lets try this book which is the autobiography of a spiritual seeker written by a Muslim (Mumtaj Ali) under the Hindu saint, rather it’s a story of a boy from south to north.

I liked the way author has described the Himalayan Mountain, caves, holy ashrams, temples and its surroundings, it’s represented in such a way that it appeals to non-Hindu people to visit this holy places. I have read the books on Indian saint where they have supernatural powers by doing meditation, so reading this book added to my mind many miracle stories of Indian Sadhu’s. I liked the way how author has written in forward section that he doesn’t want to clarify those who doubt about authenticity about this book and his spiritual journey, also the power of meditation.

After reading these I can say that there is much similarity between Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda and this book written by Sri M, both leave there respective houses in search of god, also at one time both have to return their home because of family pressure.  

I highly recommend this spiritual journey of Sri M, especially to spiritual seekers, also I must say Sri M is fortunate, and that he got his true guru, while many are still wasting their time saying themselves as a sadhu.  

Comments